There are two main types of ant problems that are commonly encountered with an ant problem.
- Ants that live outside and forage inside
- Ants that already have a nest built inside
Our Ant control strategy should depend on the type of infestation and the type of ant that is responsible. Identifying which type of Ant is helpful.
Ants that live outside and forage in the home
Ants that live outside will travel inside your home to search for food. Some species ultimately reside and actually nest inside houses.
Ants that live (nest) inside your home
- There are some Ants that don’t just enter and exit your home foraging for food but actually establish a colony inside.
- Indoor colonization occurs year-round, especially in warmer climates. Ant species that live in homes include Argentine Ants, Crazy Ants, Odorous House Ants, Pavement Ants, Pharaoh Ants, Thief Ants, and Carpenter Ants. All of these Ants may infest food products.
- We use a variety of products so the ants don’t build a resistance to them. Ants Baits are a very successful method of controlling Ants. They are safe to use around pets and children. Ant baits come in gels, granules, or stations. The active ingredients in these baits may be sugar-based or protein/grease-based, to lure a variety of Ant species and target their dietary needs.